- Children's Hospitals
- Pediatric Nursing Tools
- Practice Management
- Health Care Recruitment
- Melnic Team
- Melnic Rave Reviews
- Melnic Event Calendar
- Contact Us
View document as a PDF
Melnic Consulting Group
Interview Questions to ask an Advanced Practice Nurse Candidate
- Why are you interested in practicing here?
- Why did you choose your specialty?
- What healthcare issues are important to you?
- Why should we hire you?
- What are your long-term goals? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
- What is your greatest strength? Describe this for me.
- What are areas that you are currently working on to improve your skills?
- How do you envision your role in this position? What type of duties do you enjoy most? What do you hope to gain from this position?
- What is your ideal work schedule? Call schedule?
- What are your compensation and benefit expectations?
- What is important to you in a practice?
- Which features of this practice interests you the most?
- Which features of this practice do you have the least amount of interest in?
- Tell me about your training.
- Describe your past clinical experience.
- How would you describe your style of medicine?
- How do you describe your approach to patients?
- Do you have any particular special clinical interests or skills that would contribute to this practice?
- What qualities do you feel are most important to the success of an NP?
- What has been your greatest challenge as an NP?
- How do you handle stress?
- How do you describe yourself? Your personality?
- What would your last supervisor say about your work?
- How soon are you able to start a new position?